Why Mad Science?
To book an event,
Designed by a professional team of educators and scientists, Mad Science workshops are designed to meet curriculum requirements and STEM objectives.
Students have the opportunity to learn by asking questions, observing demonstrations, completing experiments, and building take-home projects. In addition, our programs have been correlated to match your curriculum requirements for every grade level.
Benefits for teachers…
Teachers do not always have the time and resources required to prepare interactive science programs. Mad Science’s experienced instructors come right into the teacher’s classroom with all the equipment, supplies, and staff.
Our programs are fun, educational and focus on real world science and engineering practices that work to reinforce science concepts and methodologies.
How it works for teachers
- Choose one, or a series, of workshops from our extensive list of science topics.
- Book a date and time:
- Date: It is suggested that you reserve your workshop approximately 6 weeks in advance, thus allowing you time to complete the pre-workshop exercise.
- Time: Mad Science workshops last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- Download the Teacher Resource Package from the link you receive once you have booked your workshop. The Teacher Resource Package is filled with crosscutting concepts to help you integrate the content covered by the workshop. It provides you with activities to do before, and after, the workshop.
- The day of the workshop - Have fun! Let us do the work!!
Benefits for students…
Children will learn about science by touching, feeling, and even tasting their science experiments. We leave students inspired and hungry to learn more.
We spark imaginative learning!
Parents & Organizations:
- If your child's school does not yet have Mad Science programming, please talk to your child's teacher or principal.
- Mad Science can customize programming for your child's school or district curriculum.
- Workshops are aligned to STEM objectives and meet national, state and provincial curriculum standards.
- If your company is interested in sponsoring a Mad Science educational workshop, we invite you to call us today.